Want to know more about Merz products?!
You have got a we got an answer
Patient Education Materials
Merz Aesthetics is dedicated to the development of safe and innovative minimally invasive aesthetics treatments. Our product portfolio offers a comprehensive range of solutions to help you live better, feel better, look better! Here you will find answers to all of your questions about Merz products!
Why Should I Choose BELOTERO® Products?
• Convenient Treatment: Usually the treatment with BELOTERO® fillers is quick, typically taking about 30 minutes. You will most likely be able to continue your daily activities as soon as your appointment is over.
• Instant Results: The BELOTERO® range provides immediately visible results and gives you a more natural, refreshed and youthful look. You’ll leave your practitioner’s office knowing Belotero® is working for you.
• Long-term effect: A treatment with the Belotero® range shows long-lasting effects with visible results even between 12 and 18 months later*. Using Belotero® fillers, you can restore a healthy, youthful appearance that lasts.
• A Natural Look: when injected, the BELOTERO® products completely and seamlessly fill the injected area, resulting in a natural-looking effect and a smooth transition between the treated and untreated areas. Let Belotero® becomes a part of you!
• A Full Range for Enhanced Comfort: The BELOTERO® family offers a full range of products for every kind of wrinkle. To complete this range, nearly all our HA fillers are also available with lidocaine to maximize your treatment comfort.
• Favorable Tolerance: No allergy test is required prior treatment as the Belotero® fillers are non-animal substrate products that are completely biocompatible and biodegradable. The Belotero® range integrates so readily into your own tissue that compared to other fillers; you are unlikely to feel the substance when you touch the treated area.
Will my facial expressions change?
Don’t worry; you will look fresher, more relaxed or rested, but you will not lose your ability to show your emotion and be yourself.
How much time does the treatment take?
At your first consultation, your doctor will discuss your individual treatment goals and expectations. Depending on the affected areas, one treatment will last between 15 and 45 minutes only.
Does it hurt?
Our fillers are available with lidocaine to reduce any sensation of pain you might feel. As Belotero® can be applied with very fine needles, this helps to maximize your comfort.
Will I be able to go back to work immediately?
The results of treatment are immediate, and you will not need any subsequent rest period. Usually, you can resume your daily activities right away.
Which wrinkles can be treated with a hyaluronic acid filler?
Not only can dynamic or static wrinkles be treated with a filler, but facial volume loss can also be restored, and skin rehydrated.
How long does the effect of hyaluronic acid last?
This depends on various factors such as a person’s age, skin type, life habits, and muscle activity.
Are there any side effects?
There may be a reaction to punctures such as discoloration, a light pain sensation or mild to moderate redness and swelling and pinpoint bleeding or bruising. However, these most common side effects are only temporary and usually disappear within a few days. Your doctor will advise you on side effects in more detail during your personal consultation.
Are there any reasons I should not be treated with Belotero®?
Hyaluronic acid injectable, such as BELOTERO®, should not be used if you suffer from autoimmune diseases, have allergies to the anaesthetic lidocaine, are hypersensitive to HA or during immunotherapies; if you have an inclination to proliferative scarring, skin inflammation or infection from punctures; during breastfeeding or pregnancy; when taking drug hemodilution; after pre-treatment with non-biodegradable fillers.
What can I do myself to obtain the best possible result after the injection?
You can follow your normal daily routine but should avoid applying makeup during the first 12 hours after treatment. For two weeks after your treatment, you should avoid saunas, Turkish baths and prolonged exposure to the sun or UV rays. Also, try to avoid putting any pressure on treated areas.
What makes RADIESSE different from other dermal fillers?
RADIESSE has a different composition than the other fillers. It is made of calcium hydroxyapatite, not hyaluronic acid. The primary difference between Radiesse when comparing to any other filler is the duration of action which can last between 12-18 months or possibly longer.
Am I a good candidate for RADIESSE?
• RADIESSE is designed to restore volume in your mid and lower face. While it isn’t a cure for the whole face, it’s best suited to help with nasolabial folds, mouth-corner creases, hollow temples, cheek volume, weak chins, jowls or sagging jawlines, and crepey skin on the back of hands.
• The treatment might be right for you if you are looking for temporary improvement in one of those areas. It’s important to note that like all fillers, the effects of RADIESSE are not permanent.
• RADIESSE is an excellent ‘foundational filler’ meaning it should not be placed too superficially.
Additionally, in clinical studies with leading hyaluronic acid injectable dermal fillers, results showed that RADIESSE patients were more satisfied with their results than patients treated with other leading wrinkle fillers.
Why should I choose RADIESSE?
• RADIESSE immediately replenishes lost volume and stimulates the production of your own natural collagen with results that can last a year or more in many patients.
• Over time, the gel is absorbed, and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres leaving behind only your own natural collagen.
• RADIESSE is clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients.
• RADIESSE provides results with high patient satisfaction.
• RADIESSE is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine, an anesthetic, to significantly reduce injection related pain.
• RADIESSE is a viable option to help provide a long-lasting natural look while immediately smoothing wrinkles.
Why Is RADIESSE® an Ideal Filler for Hands?
RADIESSE® hand treatment can noticeably reduce the appearance of tendons and veins in just one, quick session. Results are instantly visible. Through years of clinical studies, RADIESSE® has been proven to be safe and effective and has demonstrated excellent tolerance.
How soon will I see results with RADIESSE and how long will they last?
• Immediately upon injection, RADIESSE restores volume to smooth out the signs of aging.
• Most clients will range from 9 to 12 months. Some will range for up to 18. This is due to the collagen stimulating properties that enhance facial depressions.
What Is the Recovery Process after treatment with RADIESSE® for hands?
After treatment with RADIESSE®, you may experience some bruising, soreness, and swelling in the treated area within the first 2 to 3 weeks. This is a normal reaction and should resolve on its own. If you experience any side effects that last longer than 2 to 3 weeks after treatment, contact your practitioner right away.
How long does swelling last after RADIESSE injections?
Swelling can last up to a week. However, in many cases, swelling or bruising is gone within four days or sooner. Patients shouldn’t book treatments right before an important event, like a wedding or vacation, but to do so two weeks in advance.
Who should not use RADIESSE®?
You should not use RADIESSE® if you have an allergy to any component of the product, if you have a history of severe allergies, if you have a bleeding disorder, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What is the most important information I should know about RADIESSE®?
One of the risks with using these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very slim, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin. If you have changes in your vision, signs of a stroke (including sudden difficulty speaking, numbness or weakness in your face, arms, or legs, difficulty walking, face drooping, severe headache, dizziness, or confusion), white appearance of the skin, or unusual pain during or shortly after treatment, you should notify your health care practitioner immediately.
• Do not use RADIESSE if you have a skin infection until it has healed.
• It is not known if RADIESSE® is safe or effective in the lips, or in the area around the eyes.
• The microspheres in RADIESSE® can be seen in X-rays and CT Scans. It is very important that you tell your health care provider that you have had RADIESSE® dermal filler.
• If you have a history of herpes, you may experience a herpes breakout after receiving RADIESSE®.
• Injection in the back of the hand may result in temporary difficulty performing activities. RADIESSE® may cause nodules, bumps or lumps in the back of the hand and can last up to 1 year.
• You should minimize strenuous activity and avoid extensive sun or heat exposure for about 24 hours after treatment and until any swelling or redness has resolved.
What should I tell my doctor before using RADIESSE®?
• Tell your health care provider if you are taking blood thinners or medicines that can interfere with the clotting of blood, such as aspirin or warfarin. These medicines might make it more likely that you will experience bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
• Tell your health care provider if you have any diseases, injuries or disabilities of the hand or if you have a history forming large, raised scars or if you have had any other skin treatments such as skin peels.
What should you consider when choosing a provider?
• As with any filler, it is important that you receive treatment from an experienced and skilled provider. That doesn’t necessarily mean they have to be a board-certified surgeon. You should, however, be comfortable with the experience level and skill of your provider. Ask to see before and after pictures to verify the provider does good work. You should also have multiple consultations to ensure you find someone you trust.
• Certainly, there are some excellent nurse injectors out there that are very experienced and have terrific outcomes, however, there is a bit of risk involved because there is so much variability with non-M.D. injectors. While you may find an excellent one, you may also find an equally terrible one.
• You should clarify who will be performing the injections. You may be comfortable with a doctor on consultation, but that won’t matter if a nurse on staff performs the injections.
What is the Cellfina® System?
Cellfina® is the only FDA-cleared, minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proved to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least three years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina®combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results.
How does the Cellfina® System work?
The Cellfina® System treats the primary structural cause of cellulite—the connective bands woven throughout fat in the thighs and buttocks. These tight bands pull down the skin, creating the puckering you see on the surface of the skin. Similar to a rubber band under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out.
How soon will I see improvements?
Results can be seen in as little as three days. In the pivotal study, patient satisfaction was 85 percent at three months, 94 percent at one year, 96 percent at two years and 93 percent at 3 years, surpassing the patient satisfaction rates of other leading cellulite treatments.*
Does Cellfina® involve cutting?
Cellfina® does not involve an operating room or general anesthesia. It relies on a minimally invasive, small needle-sized device to treat the cellulite-causing bands just beneath the surface of the skin.
How long do results last?
Patients in the pivotal study showed significant improvement shortly after the treatment, with results lasting at least three years—the longest FDA clearance for cellulite treatment.
Are there any side effects?
No serious adverse events were associated with Cellfina® in the pivotal study. The most common side effects reported by patients in the FDA cleared pivotal study were soreness, tenderness and bruising. Just three days after treatment, patients rated their pain as minimal (2.7 on a scale of 0 to 10; 0=no pain, 10=extreme pain) and most (82 percent) felt pain only with touch or pressure to the area treated. This minimal pain improved quickly with time. More than 90 percent of patients had no bruising at four weeks.
How long does the procedure take?
In just one 45-minute treatment, Cellfina® significantly improves the appearance of cellulite on the buttocks and thighs.
Will I need to take time off?
There is limited downtime associated with Cellfina®. Some patients experience initial soreness and tenderness, but these side effects resolve quickly with time.
How much does the Cellfina® Treatment cost?
Since the treatment is so personalized, the best way to secure an accurate quote is to consult with a physician. You can find a provider below
FIND A CLINIC
Find the nearest clinic to you that provides treatment with Merz’s products
Stay in Touch
Please note that if you submit information to Merz all materials submitted by electronic or physical communication will be deemed non confidential. Do not submit any information or other materials that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. While we have no intention to publicly disclose any details of your proposal, we may refer to select experts within or outside the Merz network for evaluation.