5 tips for beautiful, soft hands
Your hands tell the story of your journey through life. They are on constant display with every gesture that you make. Whether it is to cuddle your children or do the daily household chores and other complex activities, your hands are in constant use.
Yet, the skin of the hands is often neglected in comparison to our face and neck skin. Not many women know this, but the skin of our hands reflect the signs of our age.
But here are 5 easy tips that will keep your hand’s skin soft and supple
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize: Constant washing of hands can lead to moisture loss from the skin. So, it’s essential to use a cream or oil on a regular basis and to massage up and down your fingers and the rest of your hand in a circular motion. Keep a bottle of moisturizer in your bathroom so that you can apply after washing your hands. Don’t forget to carry a small bottle of your favorite moisturizer in your handbag so that you can continue to care for your hands while on the go.
- Exfoliate and Massage: Use an excellent exfoliating agent to remove dead skin from your hands at least once a week. You should also massage your hands, with a good moisturizer, at night for 5 minutes. These two steps will help in maintaining the smooth skin of your hands
- Protect your hands: Wear hand care gloves while doing chores around the house. This will prevent your hands from being exposed to a lot of water or chemicals.
- Take care of your nails: Nails are part of your hands and caring for your nails is as essential as caring for the skin of your hands. Apply a gentle nail-specific oil to prevent the cuticles from drying out.
- Apply Sunscreen: Exposure to sun causes liver spots or brown spots and wrinkles on your hands. Apply sunscreen before you go out.
Simple things can make a big difference in your skin. Follow a routine diligently, and you will notice a difference in your skin. After all, we all want to have soft baby skin on our hands.